President’s Message, May 2009
(The information below is obtained from the
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities website).
If you work in a regulated profession or a skilled trade, you may soon be able to move anywhere in Canada to find work without more training or testing. If you’re an employer, you would have a broader pool of qualified candidates and enjoy a simpler process for hiring workers from other parts of Canada.
Ontario has passed legislation in December 2009 to support full labour mobility for more professional and skilled workers across Canada who want to work in Ontario. Full labour mobility (Human Resources Canada information) will help meet changing labour market needs in the future and support the right of all Canadians to live and work where they want in Canada.
The legislation now in force supports a commitment made by all Canadian premiers to get rid of many of the rules that prevent workers from moving easily between provinces to work.
- National Occupational Classification: Chemist
- Employment Prospect
- News Release: Ontario Promotes Labour Mobility
- Backgrounder: Full Labour Mobility For Professions And Trades In Ontario
- Factsheet: Ontario Labour Mobility Act, 2009
- Labour Mobility Act, Final Draft - Ch. 6 - Labour Mobility
- Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- Statement to the Legislative Assembly: Ontario Labour Mobility Act
- PDF version of the bill